What you need to do for the 2020-2021 Fall/Winter Session
These are the steps that you should complete before classes begin on September 5, 2019. For more information visit the New College Registrar’s Office at email@example.com.
By June 1, 2020
- Accept your offer of admission by June 1 or the specified deadline via the OUAC website.
- Enable your JOINid, also known as your UTORid. You need your UTORid to access online services at U of T, including ACORN.
- Take part in New College Welcome Events via our Break New Ground course site starting Saturday, June 13. This is a great opportunity to get to know your new academic home.
- Get your TCard: This is your official student identification, and provides access to libraries, athletic centres and more. When you obtain your TCard, you will be assigned a U of T email account, which is your official medium of communication with students and staff.
- Join a Course Selection Q&A Session. These sessions will provide information about your course and program choices.
- Beginning July 9, view your course enrolment start time using ACORN. (If admitted to second or third year, you can view your start time earlier.)
- Select your courses. Enrolment is done online. Be sure to review the course enrolment materials on the Break New Ground course site.
- JULY 23 – Enrol in courses using ACORN. (If admitted to second or third year, your start date is earlier.)
- If you still need help with course selection, book an appointment with the Registrar’s Office.
- Remember to register for New College Orientation (August 31 to September 11).
- AUGUST 28 – Make sure you pay fees at a bank or defer fees online by this date. Keep your receipt. (You can print a fees invoice from ACORN once you have enrolled in courses.) In order to complete your registration for the Fall/Winter session, and ensure that you are not removed from your courses, you must either defer your fees payment or make the minimum required payment displayed on your student account by August 28. If you choose to make the minimum requirement payment only, monthly service charges will be applied to any outstanding fees balance commencing October 15th.
- August 24 to 28 – Attend our drop-in programming leading up to Orientation.
- August 31 to September 11 – Take part in online Orientation events sponsored by the New College Student Council.
- September 10 – Start attending lectures.
- Contact the Registrar’s Office whenever you need help.