What you need to do for the 2019-2020 Fall/Winter Session
These are the steps that you should complete before classes begin on September 5, 2019. For more information visit the New College Registrar’s Office at 300 Huron Street, Room 107, or contact us by telephone (416-978-2460) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
By June 1, 2019
- Accept your offer of admission by June 1 or the specified deadline via the OUAC website.
- Enable your JOINid, also known as your UTORid. You need your UTORid to access online services at U of T, including ACORN.
- Attend a New College Welcome Event either Saturday, May 25 or Saturday, June 8. This is a great opportunity to get to know your new academic home. Meet faculty, staff and students and learn how to prepare for the start of the academic year.
- Get your TCard: This is your official student identification, and provides access to libraries, athletic centres and more. When you obtain your TCard, you will be assigned a U of T email account, which is your official medium of communication with students and staff. (If you’re not close to campus, don’t worry, you can get your TCard when you arrive in September.)
- Come to a Course Selection Information Session. These small group sessions provide information and guidance about your course and program choices, and you can ask questions about your courses.
- Beginning July 19, view your course enrolment start time using ACORN. (If admitted to second or third year you view your start time earlier.)
- Select your courses. Enrolment is done online. We can assist you with the course selection process in a Course Selection Information Session but if you cannot attend one of these sessions, a New College online Course Selection Tutorial is available on the Course Selection Materials page.
- JULY 25 – Enrol in courses using ACORN. (If admitted to second or third year your start date is earlier.)
- If you still need help with course selection, book an appointment with the Registrar’s Office. Drop-in advising will also be available in late August, before the Labour Day weekend – phone ahead for schedule (416-978-2460).
- AUGUST 28 – Make sure you pay fees at a bank or defer fees online by this date. Keep your receipt. (You can print a fees invoice from ACORN once you have enrolled in courses.) In order to complete your registration for the Fall/Winter session, and ensure that you are not removed from your courses, you must either defer your fees payment or make the minimum required payment displayed on your student account by August 28. If you choose to make the minimum requirement payment only, monthly service charges will be applied to any outstanding fees balance commencing October 15th.
- September 2 to 6 – Take part in Orientation events sponsored by the New College Student Council.
- September 5 – Start attending lectures.
- Come by the Registrar’s Office whenever you need help