The College makes a number of awards, each consisting of a certificate and a book prize, to graduating students who stand highest in their subject fields. The names of these students are inscribed on the Honour Boards near the Registrar’s Office. Four of the awards were established in honour of past Principals of the College.
- Alumni Association Graduation Award (H.B.A. Degree)
- Alumni Association Graduation Award (H.B.Sc. Degree)
- Andrew D. Baines Graduation Award in the Life Sciences
- J. Edward Chamberlin Graduation Award in Language and Literature
- Donald G. Ivey Graduation Award in Mathematical and Physical Sciences
- George J. Leonidas Graduation Award in Commerce and Finance
- Robert S. Lockhart Graduation Award in Psychology
- Rex Lucas Graduation Award in the Social Sciences
- Registrars’ Graduation Award in the Humanities
New Leaders Scholarship
The New Leaders Scholarship will award one Gold Leader Scholarship of $10,000 and two Leadership Scholarships of $5,000. These scholarships will be presented to superior all-round New College students who are in their final year of an undergraduate degree (students who intend to graduate in June 2018 or November 2018) with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.50 (A-) and demonstrate leadership within the University community.
The New Leaders Scholarship Application is now closed.