University of Toronto St. George (UTSG)
- January 15, 4 – 5 p.m. Multi-Purpose Room (2nd Floor, Koffler House, 569 Spadina Ave.)
- January 18, 12 – 1 p.m. Multi-Purpose Room (2nd Floor, Koffler House, 569 Spadina Ave.)
University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC)
- January 16, 2 – 3 p.m. Highland Hall, Room 421
University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM)
- January 23, 12 – 1 p.m. William G. Davis Building, Room 3129
What Is Map the System?
Map the System is a global competition hosted by the University of Oxford, which challenges students to analyze issues of social or environmental change. In the competition, individuals or groups of up to five people will research a social or environmental topic that is important to them, and present their findings to the world.
There will be a U of T Final on April 10, 2019, where teams will present their research to the public and a local winner will advance to the Canadian Final on May 3 – 4, 2019.
Two winners of the Canadian Final will receive a ,500 CASH PRIZE per team and a FREE TRIP to the Map the System Global Final on June 7 – 9, 2019 at the University of Oxford, UK.
How Do I Participate?
The registration deadline is January 28, 2019 (11:59pm UK time). You don’t need to have all your submission materials ready now – once registered, you have until April 1, 2019 (11:59pm UK time). to submit your materials (visual map, essay, bibliography)! During this time, you’re also welcome to revise your topic scope or team.
Submissions will consist of three components:
- A visual map or chart of the social or environmental issue (PowerPoint, Prezi, PDF, etc.)
- An essay (max. 3,000 words)
- A bibliography supporting the research
Date: January 28th, 2019
Start Time: 6:59pm