New College Council (NCC)
The NCC is the governing body of New College. It is responsible for the general direction of the College and presides over administrative, budgetary and academic matters. The Council meets quarterly to discuss College business and priorities. Chaired by Mr. Jeffrey Newman, the Council is composed of approximately 40 faculty, administrators, staff and students.
- New College Council March 2015 Agenda – February 2015 Minutes
- New College Council February 2015 Agenda – November 2014 Minutes
- New College Council November 2014 Agenda – October 2014 Minutes
- New College Council October 2014 Agenda – May 2014 Minutes
- New College Council May 2014 Agenda – March 2014 Minutes
- New College Council March 2014 Agenda – January 2014 Minutes
- New College Council January 2014 Agenda – November 2013 Minutes
- New College Council November 2013 Agenda – September 2013 Minutes
- New College Council September 2013 Agenda – May 2013 Minutes
- New College Council May 2013 Agenda – March 2013 Minutes
- New College Council March 2013 Agenda – Jan 2013 Minutes
- New College Council Jan 2013 Agenda – Dec 2012 Minutes
- New College Council Dec 2012 Agenda – Nov 2012 Minutes
- New College Council Nov 2012 Agenda – Sept 2012 Minutes
- New College Council Sept 2012 Agenda – May 2012 Minutes
- New College Council May 2012 Agenda – March 2012 Minutes
- New College Council March 2012 Agenda – Dec 2011 and Jan 2012 Minutes
- New College Council Dec 2011 Agenda – Oct 2011 Minutes
This award provides for a half-course release for a member of New College faculty to develop innovative pedagogy or educational technology for use in classroom, community or field settings, and/or online teaching and learning. The pedagogical contribution should be sustainable and have professional development value that can be shared with the College as a whole. This award was established to recognize the contribution of Dr. June Larkin, New College Vice-Principal from 2007 to 2014, 3M National Teaching Fellowship Award winner, and member of the University of Toronto Teaching Academy.
This award honours outstanding teaching and recognizes the important contributions made by sessional instructional staff to the teaching mission of New College in its academic programs, interdisciplinary courses and writing centre. Dr. Kathleen O’Connell has taught courses on Rabindranath Tagore and Satyajit Ray at New College for two decades, beginning in 1993. Her teaching, in the spirit of both Tagore and Ray, exemplifies New College’s commitment to socially engaged education and pedagogical innovation.
New College Initiatives Fund (NCIF)
The New College Initiatives Fund was established to disburse operating budget funds acquired through the College’s intrapreneurial activities and is meant to support initiatives related to the New College community and its academic programs. Expenditures from the fund may include – but are not limited to – off-setting costs for invited speakers, workshops, and conferences.