Graduation ceremonies (or convocations) happen twice a year – in June and in November.
The New College Convocation will take place on November 6, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
If you intend on graduating, follow these steps:
- Check that you will meet your degree and program requirements for graduation. Degree Explorer assesses your progress towards graduation; however, it is not definitive. It is your responsibility to verify that you have fulfilled all degree and program requirements.
- Request graduation on ROSI/ACORN by the deadline. Ensure you are requesting the correct degree (HBA, HBSc, or BCom). The deadline to request November 2017 graduation is August 14, 2017. If you wish to request November 2017 graduation after the deadline, please contact the Registrar’s Office. There is no guarantee late requests can be processed.
- Expect correspondence:
- In September, departments will email students regarding program completion.
- In October, the Faculty Registrar will send an email confirming your eligibility to graduate.
- Ensure your contact information, including a valid UTmail+ address and phone number, on ACORN/ROSI is up-to-date. Most information concerning your request to graduate will be sent via email to UTmail+ addresses.
- Your name will appear on your diploma as it is displayed on ROSI/ACORN. To request a name change, please visit the Registrar’s Office. If your name is missing an accent, please complete the Name on Diploma form from the Office of Convocation website. The deadline for any name changes for the November 2017 Convocation is September 19, 2017. Name change requests submitted after the deadline date will be processed after the convocation period. Should you then wish to obtain a diploma which reflects your name change, you will need to order a replacement diploma.
- Refer to the Office of Convocation’s Graduation Checklist for information regarding RSVP, tickets, and gown and hood rental.
- If you will not be attending your convocation ceremony, please still RSVP. Diplomas are not automatically sent to graduates. For delivery or pickup options, visit the Office of Convocation’s website.
- If you require a letter confirming your degree eligibility, you may request one from the Faculty Registrar’s Office.
- If you have already graduated with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree and wish to upgrade it to a four-year or Honours degree, you must submit a request to upgrade your degree. Please contact the Registrar’s Office for further information.
- The next Asia-Pacific Graduation Ceremony will be held at the Ritz Carlton Hong Kong on November 26, 2017. In order to be eligible to attend the ceremony, you must have already obtained a degree from the University of Toronto in 2016 or 2017. Information can be found on the Office of Convocation website.
|June 2018 Graduation||November 2017 Graduation|
|Degree request on ROSI/ACORN||September 16, 2017 to January 31, 2018||June 26 to August 14, 2017|
|Grad photos||October 2-6, 2017;
October 23-27, 2017;
February 12-16, 2018;
March 5-9, 2018;
March 12-16, 2018
|October 2-6, 2017;
October 23-27, 2017
|Name change deadline||To be confirmed||September 19, 2017|
|Program assessment||February-March 2018||August-September 2017|
|Gown rental and ticket RSVP||To be confirmed||October 10-23, 2017|
|Faculty confirmation of degree eligibility||May 2018||October 2017|
|Convocation date||To be confirmed||To be confirmed|
Arts and Science: STEP Forward
backpack to Briefcase (b2B)
National Student Loan Service Centre
New College Alumni Office
New College Leadership Certificate Program
OSAP repayment sessions
Professional Faculty Information Sessions 2016-17
School of Graduation Studies Information Sessions
University of Toronto Alumni
You Beyond New