For students in at least one Caribbean, African or Equity Studies course.
Seven Fridays each term:
Sept. 20 Oct. 18, 25 Nov. 1, 15, 22, 29 2 to 5 pm
Ivey Library, New College, Lower Level (in the group study rooms)
The Writing Group brings together students in Caribbean, African or Equity Studies and faculty from these three programs, the writing centre and the Ivey Library. The group meets for intensive, productive and fun afternoons in which all members work on their own current projects. Students can also consult with faculty and each other about their papers and projects.
Bring work from any course you are taking.
Here is how student participants have told us the group helped them:
- Became more motivated
- Got more work done and made better use of their time
- Understood better what makes a good paper and how to plan to write one
- More able to talk about ideas and find their own voice
- Met new people and enjoyed being part of a community of writers
- Were able to connect with professors
- Became more aware of own strengths and abilities
Participation in the Writing Group is eligible for CCR validation (https://ccr.utoronto.ca/home.htm )
For more information, contact:
Sheila Stewart firstname.lastname@example.org
Alissa Trotz email@example.com