For students in at least one Caribbean, African or Equity Studies course.
Online Caribbean, African, Equity Studies Writing Group Pilot
Friday, April 2, 2:00- 4:00 p.m. Door opens at 2. Click here!
- Online writing and research support from writing instructor and librarian
- A chance to meet with peers to share strategies for writing, learning, time-management, and being at home
- Faculty check-in
- Learn how about online support from Writing Centre and Library
- Virtual coffee-break connection and collaboration!
The Writing Group brings together students in Caribbean, African or Equity Studies and faculty from these three programs, the writing centre and the Ivey Library. The group meets for intensive, productive and fun afternoons in which all members work on their own current projects. Students can also consult with faculty and each other about their papers and projects.
Bring work from any course you are taking.
Here is how student participants have told us the group helped them:
- Became more motivated
- Got more work done and made better use of their time
- Understood better what makes a good paper and how to plan to write one
- More able to talk about ideas and find their own voice
- Met new people and enjoyed being part of a community of writers
- Were able to connect with professors
- Became more aware of own strengths and abilities
Participation in the Writing Group is eligible for CCR validation (https://ccr.utoronto.ca/home.htm)
The Caribbean, African, Equity Studies Writing Group usually meets Friday afternoons from 2 to 5 PM seven times each term.
We plan to meet again in person mid-September 2020.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org