January 22; February 5 and 26; March 12, 19 and 26.
Online Caribbean, African, Equity and Solidarity Studies Writing Group
- Online writing and research support from program faculty, writing faculty, and librarian
- A chance to meet with peers to share strategies for writing, research, learning, time-management, and more
- Faculty check-in
- Online support from Writing Centre and Library
- Virtual coffee-break connection and collaboration!
The Writing Group brings together students in Caribbean, African, and Equity and Solidarity Studies with faculty from these three programs, the writing centre, and the Ivey Library. The group meets for intensive, productive and fun afternoons in which all members work on their own current projects. Students can also consult with faculty and each other about their papers and projects.
Bring work from any course you are taking.
Here is how student participants have told us the group helped them:
- Became more motivated
- Got more work done and made better use of their time
- Understood better what makes a good paper and how to plan to write one
- More able to talk about ideas and find their own voice
- Met new people and enjoyed being part of a community of writers
- Were able to connect with professors
- Became more aware of own strengths and abilities
Participation in the Writing Group is eligible for CCR validation (https://ccr.utoronto.ca/home.htm)
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Caribbean, African, Equity and Solidarity Studies Writing Group usually met in the Ivey Library Friday afternoons from 2 to 5 PM seven times each term. We look forward to meeting again in person.