About the Global Food Equity Initiative
New College, Equity Studies and the New One: Learning Without Borders program, along with Hart House, the Toronto Food Policy Council, the Centre for Community Partnerships and other partners, are collaborating on the Global Food Equity initiative.
We connect scholars, students and the community through food by developing food-related programming, coordinating with other U of T programs and campus events and liaising with community groups on food issues.
Building on our original food security research practicum, over the next few years we hope to establish a full Global Food Equity stream within our existing Equity Studies major program.
- An interview with Lori Stahlbrand, New College Food Equity Coordinator
- An interview with food policy analyst and New College Visiting Scholar Dr. Wayne Roberts
- A video interview with Lori Stahlbrand about her New One Food Matters courses
- Food Matters: This New College course encourages students to snack in class
- Photo Gallery of New One: Food Matters I and II
- Lori Stahlbrand wins best PhD paper
- NEW342H: Theory & Praxis in Food Security
- NEW442H: Food Systems and the Politics of Resistance